Monday, January 12, 2015

Little Accident

As previously said, John was off to null sec for a holiday.
Providence and Catch to be precise.

So not nice safe care bear null sec, but like low sec with bubbles.

I was asked to make time at x hour to run in with the corp in a combat ship, but was unfortunately playing taxi driver to my youngest. It was his first session with Scouts, so I could not really say, hold on Eve is more important.....Not and keep all useful parts of my anatomy attached.

A couple of hours later I Jump Cloned down to Amarr space, and looked for a ship. The clone I was in had a Myrmidon, which I laughed at. All tech 1 fit with 4 different fitting mods and no rigs. It was some while since I had flown this.

For a solo run in to Null though I wanted something smaller that I could use there as well.

So I bought a cruiser and fitted for combat. Thought I would take my chances, and he if I died, no issue. A fight is a fight.

Went to the entry system and hung around. Intel told me that there were reds in system but not gate camping, so why not. Jumped in and immediately warped to a random planet.

Listening on comms it seems Wolf Pack were playing station games with some people who were up for it. My concern was to get to the new base. My corp, were some 20 systems away shooting people, and they sounded like they were having fun.

Multiple jumps later I had got a bit complacent. Reds were in several systems, but only in ones and twos, generally we ignored each other.

Some multiple systems later I see 1 red in local, bounce off a POCO and land on gate, Jump already selected.
Here was my mistake, Red at 0 on gate in an Exequror...while I was debating, thinking had he just landed and we would go through together, and could I take him, I jumped....

No.... He was lookout for the camp on the other side...

I was in an Exequror as well, and its small sig often in low gives the edge on getting clear of bad camps... Not so here. (Or any good camp in Low sec)

Held cloak for 40 seconds, hoping any overheated sensor boosters would burn out, saw the lookout jump in, selected a celestial pressed warp and turned the DCU on.

I was only 2k from a Thrasher so was scrammed almost instantly.

Bugger! was my first thought, then, well Ok a fights a fight, I will take a couple with me, locked the thrasher set close orbit (1.5k) opened fire and launched drones.

All was well for the first few seconds, his shields were melting, so were mine. Heavily armour tanked so I was not worried. Thought, right I will have him and was trying to lock the rest to put them off  and consider who would I try for next, when my shields stopped turning red... so did the thrashers, and no damage reports.....

Now I run on an iMac. big 28 inch screen.  In this game size does matter...

Its also prone to disconnecting usually once in a two hour session.  I think you can guess the rest....

So I force quit the application and re log. Not best impressed. Not disconnected in PvP before. In PvE your ship and drones all warp out and then in again when you re connect....

Not so in PvP. in a pod on entry screen.... warping... guess where...

Got a LoL in local as I landed, but briefly, as I had selected a celestial and warped to it before they locked... It was not what they were expecting.

Had a brief chat in local and asked them what happened. Apparently had the thrasher in armour when I stopped firing and they stopped taking damage.... they killed me and pod warped out...
Looking at the surviving ammo, only used 11 shots, and in a blaster boat with a high rate of fire that's not a lot.

Then I warped in.... ha ha ha....

My poor ship

So do not disconnect in PvP, you die.

Objectively I was not walking away from that, but with my tank and the thrasher scrammed double webbed and being hit by that much null blaster damage and drones, wanted to take him and possibly a Tristan that was fairly close as well....


So arrived in a Pod.....

Was listening to my corp mates die over near HEDGP at the time as well, so felt better.

Ships are expensive to buy and fit out here as well. Bought and kitted out two different doctrine cruisers, and half my money is gone already....

Good job Oliver is earning...


Note to self... Must get around to that Interceptor skill..... Trouble is, no call for it in low, and so many others to train...

John

No comments:

Post a Comment