Wednesday, January 7, 2015

A bit of a haphazard set up.

The basics covered in the last post having been done, Oliver was seeking direction.
Exploration was out, as too few systems are available.
Building is a possibility, but to do it properly I would want an industrial POS, lots of BP's /BPC copies and a small army of mining alts.
I have been in system 5 days now, and have a number of buy orders out for minerals, none of which have been filled over two days. I see a number of corp out mining, but all the ones I ask are mining for their own build projects. So without the small alt army (strictly Navy) I will give that a miss.

So Mining for my own purposes, PI and ratting are left. I discount pvp at present as I need either the cash to import ships and fittings or the minerals to build the hulls at least.

Mining.
The Prospect is good though, to warp to a belt cloaked to check for rats before mining starts. It is however totally defenseless and not even a single drone to its name. So the tactic is to sit more than 2k from any object, mine and as soon as rats enter or players turn up, cloak before you can be locked and moon walk out. It takes about 15 mins to fill the 10k ore hold so its not a bad little safe miner.
I had a situation at one point that every belt was colonised by rats, and even your basic frigate would doom a prospect. Luckily an obliging ratter cleared them out of several belt in a few minutes.

It is however a bit dull. Don't get me wrong, a bit of mining never hurt anyone, and if you have no other options and / or need to, mining is what you do.

Then there is Ratting....

I was lucky here, in that chatting with people here one offered me a Vexor Navy Issue for about 20% under the Jita price point. So I said yes. Never had one before. I also helpfully  was supplied a link for a ratting fit in this space

High
Drone Link Augmentor II

Medium
Experimental 100MN Afterburner
Large Shield Extender II
Large Shield Extender II
Drone Navigation Computer II

Low
Drone Damage Amplifier II
Power Diagnostic System II
Drone Damage Amplifier II
Drone Damage Amplifier II
Drone Damage Amplifier II
Power Diagnostic System II

Rigs
Medium Core Defense Field Purger II
Medium Anti Kinetic Screen Reinforcer II
Medium Core Defense Field Purger II

Drones
Gecko x2
Caldari Navy Wasp 

Hammerhead II x5
Warrior II x5

My only change was the Drone Nav computer  which went from a II to a I

Now my skills being Heavy Drone 2 and Gallente Cruiser 3 --- I was wondering...

Anyway most of the parts were not available locally and it was wait 3 days for Jita delivery or run he 12 jumps to a null market. The jump bridge took it down to 4, so that was the way to go....
Shopping in a Prospect is no issue, cloaked and jumping as quick as possible, got there, bought the stuff and was back at the jump bridge before my timer ran out... Spent 30 mins mining with 20 million in parts in the hold... Oh what fun. 

On return had most of the fit, just not the 100MN AB or the tech 2 rigs or the Power diagnostic system. Also only had tech 1 Wardens.

So took it on a tour of the belts and happily warped in at 50 and blapped everything.

I then tried a rally point...

This was interesting. I picked a point 50 k out dropped sentries and orbited them with 10MN ab on.
I had to warp out twice as was entering armour, but eventually got it done.....

More in the next installment 

No comments:

Post a Comment